Russia plays positive role to resolve complex situations in region: Gen Bajwa
The COAS met Commander Russian Federation Ground Forces Colonel General Oleg Salyukov at the Kremlin Palace. General Bajwa was presented guard of honour by the Russian authorities.
The Russian Ground Forces Commander acknowledged achievements of Pakistan Army in the fight against terrorism and contributions for regional peace and stability.
Russian Ground Forces Commander said that Pakistan is a geo-strategically important country and Russia is keen to expand it's existing bilateral military to military cooperation.
General Qamar Javed Bajwa thanked Russian Ground Forces Commander and said that Pakistan reciprocates desire of enhanced bilateral military engagements.
He said that Pakistan will continue to play its part to keep conflicts away from the region and seek approaches which bring regional convergences into play rather than the divergences.
Upon arrival, COAS was presented guard of honour who laid a wreath at the Tomb of the unknown soldier. National anthems of both countries were played.
The visit of the head of Pakistani forces in Moscow is the fourth important event where Russian and Pakistani top civil and military leadership met in less than 24 hours. National Security Advisor of Pakistan Gen. (retd) Nasser Janjua held a series of meetings along with his high-powered delegates in Moscow including his meeting with Security Council of the Russian Federation Nikolai Patrushev.
Pakistan, Russia vow to work together for peace ... 01:33 AM | 24 Apr, 2018
MOSCOW - A high-level Inter-Ministerial delegation led by National Security Advisor Nasser Khan Janjua visited Moscow ...
Relations between Pakistan and Russia have seen an unprecedented improvement dring last few years. The two countries, which remained bitter cold-war rivals, have been recalibrating their ties against the backdrop of realignments.
While India, Russia’s long-standing strategic partner, has joined the US camp, Moscow is also opening up its options that include reaching out to countries such as Islamabad.
Russia was one of the first countries, which publically expressed its solidarity with Pakistan after President Donald Trump unveiled a new strategy for Afghanistan and South Asia.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019