Modi distorts history with a new book "India won 1965 war"
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) - Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to celebrate the 1965 war as a "great victory" for India on its 50th anniversary, with a "commemorative carnival" being planned, and a new book on history of the war that unabashedly concludes: "India won the war."
Commissioned by the Indian army's official think-tank Centre for Land Warfare Studies, the new book titled '1965, Turning the Tide: How India Won the War' has been written by defence analyst Nitin Gokhale, reported Times of India.
The book is part of the Indian defence ministry's ongoing major project to rewrite histories of all wars and major operations to make them "simple and reader-friendly".
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019