Modi distorts history with a new book "India won 1965 war"
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) - Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to celebrate the 1965 war as a "great victory" for India on its 50th anniversary, with a "commemorative carnival" being planned, and a new book on history of the war that unabashedly concludes: "India won the war."
Commissioned by the Indian army's official think-tank Centre for Land Warfare Studies, the new book titled '1965, Turning the Tide: How India Won the War' has been written by defence analyst Nitin Gokhale, reported Times of India.
The book is part of the Indian defence ministry's ongoing major project to rewrite histories of all wars and major operations to make them "simple and reader-friendly".
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019