Pakistan asks UNODC to allocate funds to sensitize society for terror eradication
ISLAMABAD – Minister for Interior Brig (r) Ijaz Ahmad Shah Friday urged United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to allocate additional funds to sensitize the masses for terror eradication in the country.
'Until and unless you motivate the society through education, it is not possible for the government to yield desired results,' he said while addressing the launching ceremony of 'Pakistan Terrorism Prevention Programme', a project rolled out by the Interior Ministry in collaboration with the UNODC to curb the terrorism from the country.
Some portion of funds should also be utilized on the rehabilitation of affectees of terrorism like law enforcement personnel, judges and their families.
Shah assured his full cooperation to UNODC under the available resources.
TODAY: Ijaz Shah, Minister for Interior of Pakistan 🇵🇰 and @M_Karimipour, Chief of Terrorism Prevention @UNODC 🇺🇳 reaffirmed their strong cooperation in countering #terrorism, and kicked off a long-term partnership. pic.twitter.com/oEL56z2dwE— UNODC Terrorism Prevention (@UNODC_TPB) January 23, 2020
UNODC chief Masood Karimipour said the minister's guidance in the project would play central role in execution of the project.
He appreciated the government efforts for curtailing the number of subversive activities and hoped that it would do more to eliminate this menace.
Fakhar Alam Additional Secretary Interior while giving presentation on the programme said it would support the government in its efforts to strengthen the criminal justice response to effectively counter terrorism in line with its national and international standards and obligations.
The national scope programme was developed in partnership with Ministry of interior and relevant stake holders that would assist the government to implement National Action Plan and National Internal Security Policy on both at Federal and provincial levels, he added.
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- realme Pakistan teases one of the much-awaited entry-level ...08:55 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan gets highest-ever $200m GCF grant to redress environment ...08:49 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Northern beat England’s MCC by 9 wickets08:41 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019