Pakistan gets $1 billion from World Bank, ADB to fight COVID-19
KARACHI – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Wednesday said it has received $1billion - $500 million each from World Bank (WB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) – for its fight against coronavirus.
The $500 million loan was announced by ADB earlier this month, in order to help the country's coronavirus health and economic response and "protect poor" citizens.
SBP has received USD 1 bn today with USD 500 mn each from ADB and WB.— SBP (@StateBank_Pak) June 24, 2020
In a statement earlier, the ADB said the loan would help the Pakistani government "deliver social protection programs to the poor and vulnerable, expand health sector capabilities, and deliver a pro-poor fiscal stimulus to boost growth and create jobs as the country fights the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.”
Pakistan surpasses 283,000 cases of coronavirus ... 02:48 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
LAHORE – The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 283,487, according to the latest ...
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021