Pakistan gets $1 billion from World Bank, ADB to fight COVID-19
KARACHI – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on Wednesday said it has received $1billion - $500 million each from World Bank (WB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) – for its fight against coronavirus.
The $500 million loan was announced by ADB earlier this month, in order to help the country's coronavirus health and economic response and "protect poor" citizens.
SBP has received USD 1 bn today with USD 500 mn each from ADB and WB.— SBP (@StateBank_Pak) June 24, 2020
In a statement earlier, the ADB said the loan would help the Pakistani government "deliver social protection programs to the poor and vulnerable, expand health sector capabilities, and deliver a pro-poor fiscal stimulus to boost growth and create jobs as the country fights the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.”
Pakistan surpasses 257,000 cases of coronavirus ... 02:04 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
LAHORE – The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 257,913, according to the latest ...
- Pakistan allows second consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav05:18 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- 'ECNEC approves four projects of Rs289 bln'04:56 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program budget increased to Rs203 billion04:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- China test fires new ‘world-leading’ helicopter missile02:58 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir’s mehndi moments will melt your heart12:27 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020