Initial probe holds pilot, ATC responsible for tragic PIA plane crash
ISLAMABAD – Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan on Wednesday said that the deadly plane crash in Karachi last month occurred due to human error.
Presenting the interim report of the PIA plane crash in the National Assembly, he said both the pilot and the Air Traffic Control (ATC) did not follow the established norms and procedures.
He said the pilot ignored the instructions regarding high altitude of the plane whilst the ATC did not inform the pilot about the engines that got damaged after the first landing attempt.
The Minister said there was no technical fault in the plane and it was fully fit for the flight. He said the plane took six flights including one to Sharjah from the 7th of May to 22nd May. He said the pilot and the co-pilot were experienced and medically fit to operate the flight, Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the inquiry has been carried out in the most fair, free and transparent manner. The inquiry board also included ten foreigners. He said the law will take its course against the responsible persons still alive.
Ghulam Sarwar Khan assured that a complete report into the tragic incident will be presented before the house this year.
The Minister categorically stated that PIA will not be privatized but its restructuring will be done to revive its old glory.
On May 22, flight PK-8303 of the PIA with 99 passengers on board crashed in populated area of Model Colony, around five kilometers away from the Jinnah International Airport, Karachi.
The plane had made two failed attempts to land and it might have lost its both engines after first failed landing.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020