65-year-old man sets World Record for Most Knuckle Push-Ups
However, Al Waselenchuk will have to wait eight weeks for Guinness to verify his attempt, which appears to have surpassed the old record of 79 knuckle push-ups currently held by an American man.
Al Waselenchuk completed the feat at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology's gymnasium, where the school captured video of his attempt.
— NAIT (@NAIT) March 22, 2016
"If I don't make it, I don't make it. I don't know whether I will attempt it again," Waselenchuk told the CBC.
"I figured I better do this now. I'm not getting any younger," he said.
Knuckle push-ups are a new obsession for the retired bus driver.
Unimpressed with the latest record attempt by a "scrawny" guy from India named KJ Joseph, who put in a claim for 82 last month, Waselenchuk decided to limber up.
"I thought geez, that's achievable," he said. "I figured I could do better."
Waselenchuk began training for the record in November and said he lost about 22 pounds in the process - adding that he'd been feeling overweight prior to his training.
- Anoushey Ashraf slams co-stars for not being mindful of personal ...05:05 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021