65-year-old man sets World Record for Most Knuckle Push-Ups
However, Al Waselenchuk will have to wait eight weeks for Guinness to verify his attempt, which appears to have surpassed the old record of 79 knuckle push-ups currently held by an American man.
Al Waselenchuk completed the feat at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology's gymnasium, where the school captured video of his attempt.
— NAIT (@NAIT) March 22, 2016
"If I don't make it, I don't make it. I don't know whether I will attempt it again," Waselenchuk told the CBC.
"I figured I better do this now. I'm not getting any younger," he said.
Knuckle push-ups are a new obsession for the retired bus driver.
Unimpressed with the latest record attempt by a "scrawny" guy from India named KJ Joseph, who put in a claim for 82 last month, Waselenchuk decided to limber up.
"I thought geez, that's achievable," he said. "I figured I could do better."
Waselenchuk began training for the record in November and said he lost about 22 pounds in the process - adding that he'd been feeling overweight prior to his training.
- Army chief, DG ISI call on PM Imran ahead of China visit04:44 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- 70 endangered falcons die in custody of Karachi Customs03:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Ahsan Khan slams authorities for delay in justice for Noor Mukadam02:39 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021