Rihanna launches her new fashion brand Fenty in Paris
The event was attended, among others, by Olivier Rousteing and Maria Grazia Chiuri, creative directors of Balmain and Dior respectively.
Last week, Rihanna revealed that she had moved to London ahead of the launch, telling The New York Times Style Magazine that she tries to 'keep it a little incognito' when walking around the British capital.
Fenty , which will debut in a Paris pop-up store on May 24 and online on May 29, is the latest of Rihanna 's business ventures. It joins her cosmetics brand Fenty Beauty and lingerie label Savage X Fenty , which launched in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
The clothing collection is the 31-year-old musician's first venture into the luxury fashion market, although she has already created collections for British fashion retailer River Island, and was made creative director of Puma in 2014.
Her brand now joins labels such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Fendi and Givenchy under the LVMH umbrella.
"Women are forces of this earth. We are multifaceted, complex, vulnerable yet bulletproof, and Fenty speaks to all of our intricacies. Some days I want to be submissive, many days I'm completely in charge and most days I feel like being both ... so it was imperative that we created a line versatile enough to embrace and celebrate us in that way," Rihanna said in a statement.
Rihanna 's other ventures have been widely celebrated for their inclusivity. The singer's Fenty Beauty cosmetics line debuted 40 foundation shades, while her lingerie line has been applauded for catering to a range of skin tones and body types.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019