UN to honour posthumously six Pakistani peacekeeper troops
NEW YORK – Six Pakistanis are among 117 United Nations peacekeepers from around the world who will be honoured posthumously on May 26 at a special ceremony marking the International Day of UN Peacekeepers.
These Pakistani peacekeepers served with UN Missions in Darfur, Congo and Central African Republic.
Pakistan is the 5th largest contributor of uniformed personnel to the UN Peacekeeping, currently deploying more than 4,100 military and police personnel to the UN operations in Abyei, the Central African Republic, Cyprus, Congo, Mali, South Sudan and Western Sahara, Radio Pakistan reported.
Pakistani soldier martyred during peacekeeping ... 10:52 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistani soldier, Hawaldar Shafiq, embraced martyrdom while on duty during a peacekeeping mission ...
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Ready to defend every inch of motherland, COAS Asim Munir reacts to ...09:45 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Crown’ – Humayun Saeed shares details of a deleted ...07:07 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022