UN to honour posthumously six Pakistani peacekeeper troops
NEW YORK – Six Pakistanis are among 117 United Nations peacekeepers from around the world who will be honoured posthumously on May 26 at a special ceremony marking the International Day of UN Peacekeepers.
These Pakistani peacekeepers served with UN Missions in Darfur, Congo and Central African Republic.
Pakistan is the 5th largest contributor of uniformed personnel to the UN Peacekeeping, currently deploying more than 4,100 military and police personnel to the UN operations in Abyei, the Central African Republic, Cyprus, Congo, Mali, South Sudan and Western Sahara, Radio Pakistan reported.
Pakistani soldier martyred during peacekeeping ... 10:52 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistani soldier, Hawaldar Shafiq, embraced martyrdom while on duty during a peacekeeping mission ...
- Pakistan's daily Covid-19 cases cross 800-mark for first time in four ...10:16 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- At least five killed as back-to-back earthquakes hit Iran09:16 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:49 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Dur-e-Fishan looks breathtaking in latest viral pictures08:44 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022