SC directs Ayyan Ali to approach SHC for contempt of court petition
During the hearing, Ayan’s counsel Sardar Latif Khosa termed government actions ‘malafide’, arguing that the model's name was removed from the ECL and then re-inserted hours later based on an application by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), which had already been suspended by the SHC.
SC judge Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan heard Ayyan Ali’s contempt of court petition against the government for not removing her name from the exit control list (ECL). The judge remarked that the court had already issued a verdict on the matter.
He said the petitioner should approach the Sindh High Court (SHC) for contempt of court proceedings, as the original ruling on the petition was issued by the high court and the apex court had upheld its verdict of removing Ayyan's name from the ECL.
The model faces up to $10 million in penalties if she misses her international assignments, which are due in June, he added.
- Watch - Saudi Arabia introduces robots to distribute Zamzam water at ...12:28 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 30-year-old Gujranwala man chopped to pieces for asking girl’s hand ...12:06 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Middle schools in KP closed for summer vacations till further notice11:36 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 'Terrorism has no religion’, says PM Imran in CBC interview (VIDEO)10:15 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Punjab budget to be unveiled today with a likely outlay of Rs 2650bn09:33 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021