Nation celebrates Quaid’s 145th birth anniversary today
LAHORE - The nation is celebrating 145th birth anniversary of the father of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah today (Friday) with traditional zeal and fervour.
December 25th is a public holiday, and the national flag will be hoisted on government buildings throughout the country.
The day started with a change of guard’s ceremony at Jinnah's mausoleum in Karachi.
A number of activities will be held in government and private organizations to highlight Quaid-e-Azam’s lifelong struggle and his guiding principles.
Paying tribute to Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the President and the Prime Minister have urged the nation to follow Jinnah's footsteps in all walks of life, and make Pakistan a strong and prosperous country.
The Prime Minister Imran Khan in his message said the nation should follow Quaid’s ideals of Unity, Faith and Discipline with a renewed national spirit, and work towards making the country rise above all seen and unseen challenges.
"My message to you all is of hope, courage and confidence." - Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali JinnahDecember 25, 2020
President Dr Arif Alvi said we should reaffirm our commitment to building a state that respects the diversity of its people and provides equal opportunities to its citizens irrespective of their religion, caste, creed or colour. He said on this day, we must also remember the people of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, who are being subjected to the worst kind of state-terrorism for over seven decades.
"As we celebrate the 144th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, we pay him a rich tribute for his role in the creation of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the sub-continent."
Message from President Dr. Arif Alvi on Quaid-e-Azam Day. pic.twitter.com/Gg35s51Tvv— The President of Pakistan (@PresOfPakistan) December 25, 2020
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021