UAE transfers first $1 billion to State Bank of Pakistan
According to Radio Pakistan, the transfer of one billion dollars is the first tranche of three billion dollars announced for improving Pakistan’s foreign currency reserves after Prime Minister Imran Khan's visit.
— SBP (@StateBank_Pak) January 24, 2019
Last week, the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development said in a statement that it will deposit the said amount in the coming days to enhance liquidity and monetary reserves of foreign currency at the Bank.
Pakistan, UAE sign $3 billion balance-of-payments ... 05:06 PM | 22 Jan, 2019
ABU DHABI – The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Tuesday has inked the $3 billion balance-of-payments support package ...
The country's support for Pakistan's fiscal policy is based on the historical ties between the two people and the two friendly countries and the desire to further develop the bilateral cooperation in all fields, the statement said.
It continued that the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development has financed eight development projects in Pakistan with a total value of AED1.5 billion, including AED931 million in grants.
"The funds covered projects in sectors such as energy, health, education and roads," the statement added.
I want to thank the UAE govt for supporting Pakistan so generously in our testing times. This reflects our commitment and friendship that has remained steadfast over the years.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 21, 2018
Finance Minister Asad Umar had also claimed that the country's foreign exchange reserves have increased by 12.5 per cent after the recent deposits.
- Pakistan announce squad for West Indies ODI series02:16 PM | 23 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz reappoints Dr Saeed Akhtar as PKLI chairman01:40 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Sarah Saeed - Meet the youngest BPS-22 officer of Pakistan01:00 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Pakistani man kills wife, daughter and mother-in-law over divorce ...11:30 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022