Gen (r) Raheel Sharif casts vote in Lahore for General Elections 2018
The former military head used his right to franchise in Lahore as he stood behind the constituents, following the queue culture - a gesture widely hailed on the social media.
General (r) Raheel Sharif is currently leading the 41 nation Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition having the headquarter in Saudi Arab's capital city, Riyadh but he keeps on hopping between Pakistan and the Oil-rich kingdom.
The polling for the general elections across Pakistan started at 8 am which will continue till 6 pm without any formal break.
In the ongoing elections, as many as 105.96 million people, including 47 million female voters, will be able to use their right to vote, with over 1,2000 candidates vying for 270 national and 570 provincial assembly seats. Twenty-three percent of the total voters would be taking part in the exercise for the first time.
It is common practice in the rural areas of Pakistan where female voters are denied their right; however, the turnover of women voters in urban areas remained comparatively satisfactory in the previous elections.
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hong Kong bans flights from Pakistan, other countries over fears of ...01:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran vows to run collective campaign against blasphemous ...01:03 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021