Three Pakistan Army troops martyred while protecting polling staff in Balochistan
According to the military's media wing, the incident took place last night in Dashtak area of Balochistan when a Military Protection Party providing security to polling staff of NA-271 Kech district was ambushed near Pak-Iran border.
Earlier today, at least 31 people were killed and more than 30 injured in a suicide blast outside a polling station in Quetta's Eastern Bypass area.
Death toll rises to 31 in Quetta polling station ... 10:57 AM | 25 Jul, 2018
QUETTA - At least 31 people, including five police officials, were martyred and scores injured in a suicide attack in ...
Police officials and civilians both were among the dead. Eight of the wounded were in critical condition.
A statement issued by Quetta police said a suicide bomber blew himself up after he was stopped from entering the Tameer-i-Nau Education Complex school, which is serving as a polling station. Earlier reports had said the target of the blast was a police van.
Also today, a Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) supporter was shot dead and two others were injured during a clash with Awami National Party supporters at PK-47.
- Pakistan records highest single-day vaccine coverage yet, over ...11:19 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Deepika Padukone, family test positive as India’s coronavirus surge ...10:54 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-05-Updated 10:00 ...09:38 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan reports 4,113 fresh Covid19 cases, 119 deaths in last 24 ...09:34 AM | 5 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar releases his rendition of Balaghal-Ula Bi-Kamaalihi05:53 PM | 4 May, 2021
- WATCH – Nora Fatehi invites fans to dance with her!03:30 PM | 4 May, 2021