Daraz-Kaymu announce merger
KARACHI: Daraz and Kaymu, the two leading e-commerce players of Pakistan, have joined forces to enhance their service to customers and sellers, and accelerate growth.
Both platforms will remain active with their current brand names, but the new entity, Daraz Group, will integrate all operations under one roof, says a press release.
Daraz and Kaymu have built unique expertise in the e-commerce sector, and the decision to merge the two entities will give the group complete ownership of e-commerce market in Pakistan, it said.
Daraz will continue to operate as a B2C (Business-to-Consumer) marketplace for products, with premium fulfillment and value-added services to help professional sellers scale their business. The company will also continue to provide its customers with 7 day return policy on a wide range of products from local and international brands.
Kaymu will continue to operate as an open marketplace for smaller businesses and individuals to interact directly with customers through a community-based trading platform.
Ali Zain Sheikh, Managing Director Kaymu Pakistan, said: “We are very excited to start building an integrated platform with our colleagues from Daraz. By uniting Kaymu’s expertise in C2C and Daraz’ best-in-class B2C operations we will be able to achieve more together than we could ever imagine individually.”
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020