'Gorilla Crow' in Japan baffles the world
The creature, which is dubbed “gorilla crow ,” can be seen perched on its big wings like an ape standing on its forearms.
The video, which was shot at the Parco shopping centre in Nagoya, Japan by @keita_simpson, has received over 100,000 shares on the social media platform.
The twitter user told Newsweek that when he first spotted the crow , he was very creeped out since it looked like a “zombie,” but after observing its odd behaviour for about a minute, he then thought it was beautiful.
After the video was uploaded to Twitter , many people couldn't stop themselves from commenting on the crow’s weird pose:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻— MEGJUN (@2pmeiji) June 22, 2019
you ready, bro? pic.twitter.com/uYi3ZrCU2W— darth pleather™ (@ejjamrttp) June 22, 2019
Responding to the viral post, Eventually, Kaeli Swift from the University of Washington explained that the bird, which was a large-billed crow , has a face that’s “a little out of proportion” and is a species that lives in Asia.
There’s a very strange (uncredited) video of crow making the rounds on reddit. Here’s the deal. First, this is a large-billed crow, which is why the face is looking a little out of proportion. pic.twitter.com/LUYuMimvAp— Kaeli Swift, Ph.D. (@corvidresearch) June 22, 2019
“This bird is not missing its legs and propping itself up with its wings, that would be physically impossible,” she wrote on Twitter . “Also, not that it’s relevant to the answer, but a crow without legs couldn’t fly, because it couldn’t generate any lift. So legless crow is a dead crow .”
What it’s actually doing is sunning itself. When birds sun they drop their wings and cock their tails. At the right angle that could obscure the legs and tail making it look like they’re missing.— Kaeli Swift, Ph.D. (@corvidresearch) June 22, 2019
Swift then added that the bird was sunning itself, and “when birds sun they drop their wings and cock their tails. At the right angle that could obscure the legs and tail making it look like they’re missing.”
According to Swift, the “gorilla crow” exhibited a common bird behaviour, which involves the bird trying to cool off from hot weather and protect its feathers. Such birds have been observed in various countries, including India, Japan , and Thailand.
Isn't it amazing to see big built creatures like this crow in the viral video?
What are your thoughts on this? Comment below.
- AIOU digitalizes its system facilitating online admissions05:29 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Flour price reaches Rs70 per kg in Lahore04:37 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Azhar, Misbah,Babar,Imad and Shan attend The Cube Design Service's ...04:04 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019