Here's how people are reacting to Uber-Careem merger
Shareholders in Careem, whose backers include Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal’s investment firm and Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten Inc, have been asked to agree to the terms of the transaction by Monday evening and a deal could be announced as soon as Tuesday.
It comes as Uber prepares for its initial public offering — expected next month — which could, according to some estimates, see the rideshare giant's value increase to $100 billion.
The news circulated on social media within no time and people are reacting to the matter in their posts:
So news is Über is buying Careem for 3.1 billion dollars.— Azam Jamil اعظم (@AzamJamil53) March 24, 2019
جی سر... کاریم پھر اوبر بن جائے گی— Seeme Q Raja 🇵🇰 (@IamSeemeGRaja) March 24, 2019
This is the problem with prevailing international businesses. All ventures are purchased by Western capitalists and #Muslims are eager to sell in order to get instant cash. At the end the big companies retain their monopoly. #Careem #Uber https://t.co/cF3piD3r2l— M. Ahmad Zafar (@MAhmadZ) March 25, 2019
Shocking: @Uber is planned to by @careem as early as this week, reported @business— Salaar Suleyman (@salaarsuleyman) March 24, 2019
OK. So, first ! RIP #Careem. Secondly, the services of Uber are really very third class. I am being stung by the Uber drivers. Services of Careem are far batter then Uber.
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Pakistan approves $11.6mn to compensate Chinese nationals for Dasu ...01:42 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021