Son of Pakistani Army general dies of coronavirus in US
LAHORE - A 26-year-old son of Major General died of COVID-19 in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.
The deceased Rehman Shukr, a young talented Pakistan was serving as Financial System Specialist in the International Monetary Fund (IMF), reports The News.
Rehman was a son of Maj General Abeera Choudry and Brig (r) Irfan Shukr. According to the newspaper Rehman contracted COVID-19 and was hospitalized in Washington, DC, where he breathed his last.
Major General Abeera Choudry of the Army Medical Corps (AMC) and senior gynaecologist was among 36 Brigadiers who were promoted to major general earlier this month.
Brig (r) Irfan Shukr also served the AMC. Currently, he heads the Department of Medical Education at the Foundation University, Islamabad.
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019