Son of Pakistani Army general dies of coronavirus in US
LAHORE - A 26-year-old son of Major General died of COVID-19 in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.
The deceased Rehman Shukr, a young talented Pakistan was serving as Financial System Specialist in the International Monetary Fund (IMF), reports The News.
Rehman was a son of Maj General Abeera Choudry and Brig (r) Irfan Shukr. According to the newspaper Rehman contracted COVID-19 and was hospitalized in Washington, DC, where he breathed his last.
Major General Abeera Choudry of the Army Medical Corps (AMC) and senior gynaecologist was among 36 Brigadiers who were promoted to major general earlier this month.
Brig (r) Irfan Shukr also served the AMC. Currently, he heads the Department of Medical Education at the Foundation University, Islamabad.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020