Four transgenders among eight arrested over 'immoral dance' in Muzaffargarh
Former MPA Mehr Irshad is still not arrested is said to be on run.
The police have registered an FIR under section 249 of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) that is related to obscene and immoral activities.
Officials said that there have been no evidences if any women were also part of the dance fair in the initial probe.
"We are also investigation the authenticity of video footage that was shown on different TV channels," the officials added.
Earlier media reports suggested that an obscene dance ceremony was organised during a three-day fair in Muzaffargarh, in the name of healthy entertainment.
The event began from November 16 and former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had also attended the event on the first day.
- Pakistan rejects India’s false comments on AJK elections07:19 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Prices of new Honda City model unveiled07:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- PM Imran to attend Middle East Green Initiative summit in Saudi Arabia06:00 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani Ertugrul! Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid's horse ride ...05:53 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sadaf Kanwal under fire for stating her 'marriage rules'04:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sumbul Iqbal contracts coronavirus03:32 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Iffat Omar trolled for wearing revealing dress01:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021