American arrested for punching shark in stomach
Granger Ray Wooten of Lafayette, Georgia, was charged with taking a prohibited species. His arraignment is scheduled to take place on December 7, the Bang reports.
The unsuspecting sea creature was leisurely swimming in the coast off Florida, U.S., when the 21-year-old male and his friend decided to capture him and take him ashore.
Eyewitness Robert Petty said in a sworn statement to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission: "A white male had his left arm around the shark's head and was punching it repeatedly in the stomach."
"The men dragged it up the beach and sat a small child on top of it before taking a photo.
"The two white males then pulled the shark back into the water and tried to revive it, apparently to no avail," the eyewitness continued.
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran says no pressure from Pakistan military10:40 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020