Mayor of Karachi
He had been elected as a mayor of the biggest city of Pakistan now and he has almost 4 years to hold mayor office.He vows for the people but it is unacceptable that Mr Akhter runs the metropolis's affairs from inside prison.
However, Sindh Home department issued a notification for constitution of a joint interrogation Team (JIT) to interrogate Mr Akhter. If the Karachi mayor was to be released, it would be in favor of Mr Akhter and MQM too. As the provincial government has kept many civic powers, it could be said that the elected heads of municipal bodies in Sindh will not have full authority over their respective jurisdictions.
This situation needs to be reversed as municipal bodies must have more than just ceremonial powers to carry out their tasks.
However in the absence of mayor from his office handling the metropolis affairs could be tough. Whereas, provincial government ,federal government and (JIT) should look into this matter.
Nov 25th, 2016
- Pakistan’s Taekwondo star Maham Aftab dies of brain tumour at age ...11:25 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Terror threats — Balochistan govt asks PDM to cancel Quetta rally10:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PCB relocates scheduled PSL, Zimbabwe matches from smog-hit Lahore09:48 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Raoof Hassan replaces Asim Saleem Bajwa as PM’s special assistant ...08:32 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran vows to bring Nawaz Sharif back from UK at all costs08:19 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020