'Sopranos' actor and Scorsese veteran Frank Vincent passes away at age 78
Television network HBO paid its regards to Vincent on its Twitter account, saying, "Our family will never forget the Leotardo Legacy. RIP to an HBO legend."
The reference made was to Phil Leotardo, the role Tony Soprano essayed as the ruthless antagonist at the end of the wildly popular series starring James Gandolfini, who was put to rest in 2013.
Celebrity news site TMZ reported Vincent, 78, died of complications following open heart surgery in New Jersey as he had suffered a heart attack a week earlier.
The actor played standout gangster roles in Martin Scorsese's 1980 film Raging Bull, Casino (1995) as well as Goodfellas (1990).
He also gave his voice to the character of a Mafia boss in several "Grand Theft Auto" computer and video games.
Films acredited to his name also include "The Pope of Greenwich Village" (1984) and Spike Lee's "Do the Right Thing" (1989).
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:51 AM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 July 202208:26 AM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan again increases petrol, diesel prices09:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- In a rare move, Pakistan announces punishment for cruelty against ...09:02 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Hanish Qureshi's new workout video goes viral05:40 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Maya Ali sends pulses racing with new sizzling photos06:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Anoushay Abbasi drops stunning clicks from Dubai vacation06:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022