IHC judge Shaukat Siddiqui to challenge removal in SC today
Local media reported that Siddiqui has hired Hamid Khan as his lawyer who would file the plea under Article 184(3) of the Constitution today.
Justice Shaukat Siddiqui removed from IHC after ... 10:01 PM | 11 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - President Arif Alvi has removed Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui as a judge of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) ...
The former judge, in his petition, contended that he has been sacked without conducting a proper inquiry to prove his claims in the speech he delivered at the Rawalpindi Bar Association.
On Oct 11, President Arif Alvi has removed Siddiqui as a judge of the high court with immediate effect.
He is the first high court judge to be removed in 47 years.
The president took the decision after the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) recommended the puisne judge’s removal from his office, the notification added.
"Consequent upon proceedings under article 209(5) and recommendations of the Supreme Judicial Council of Pakistan under article 209 (6) read with article 48 (1) of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, the President has been pleased to remove Mr. Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui, Judge, Islamabad High Court from his office with immediate effect," reads the notification.
The Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) had been conducting the proceeding in the reference against Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui over his controversial speech while addressing the District Bar Rawalpindi.
Addressing an audience at the bar, Justice Siddiqui had claimed that personnel of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) were manipulating judicial proceedings.
He had further claimed that the spy agency had approached IHC Chief Justice Muhammad Anwar Khan Kasi and said: "'We do not want to let Nawaz Sharif and his daughter come out [of the prison] until elections, do not include Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui on the bench [hearing Sharifs' appeals]'."
However, he could not offer any evidence to support the claims he made.
Justice Shaukat Aziz gets show cause notice for ... 03:15 PM | 24 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD- Justice Shaukat Aziz of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) has been issued a show cause notice by the Supreme ...
Earlier on July 31, the SJC had served a show-cause notice to the judge, directing him to submit his reply. In pursuance of the Council direction, Justice Siddiqui had submitted his replies before the Council.
Siddiqui says he was not surprised over the Supreme Judicial Council's decision.
- Twin cities' areas sealed to intercept TLP long march10:28 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 516 new infections, 13 deaths in a day09:58 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:23 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 October 202109:10 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021