Military siege continues, life remains crippled in IOK on 82nd day
According to Kashmir Media Service, an environment of fear and uncertainty persists as stories of night raids, torture, beatings and incarcerations keep on emerging amid heavy deployment of Indian forces in every nook and corner of the territory.
Restrictions under section 144 and total ban on internet and prepaid mobile services remain enforced. Despite the authorities’ efforts to manufacture normalcy in the territory, people are practising peaceful civil disobedience against Indian occupation as well as against Modi government’s illegal action of revoking the special status of Kashmir on August 5.
Shops and business establishments continue to remain shut for the most part of the day and hardly any public transport is visible on the roads. School and offices are open but students and employees prefer to stay away. Train services from Banihal to Baramulla also remain suspended.
The occupation authorities are likely to re-impose strict restrictions, today, in the Kashmir Valley to prevent people from holding anti-India protests after Friday prayers. The authorities have not allowed Juma congregational prayers at any of the major mosques and shrines of the territory since August 05.
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020