Costa Rica to become first country to shut down its zoos
In 2013, Costa Rica announced that it would become the first country in the world to shut down its zoos and free all captive animals.
Home to 4% of all known species, the tropical nation is one of the most bio-diverse locations on Earth – a major reason why tourism is its #1 industry.
Unfortunately, the country is now contractually obligated to keep the doors of its two zoos open for another ten years, after a court ruling. Still, its intentions are inspiring enough to share, and activists are continuing to appeal in favor of the government’s desire to transform its zoos into cage-less bio parks.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022