Solar panels to be installed in 17,000 Punjab schools
LAHORE - Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif has said that solar panels will be installed in 17,000 schools throughout the province.
He said this presiding over a high-level meeting here on Saturday which reviewed progress on different steps taken for the promotion of education in the province as well as different programmes including construction of additional classrooms, installation of solar panels in schools and provision of stipend to the girl students under “Khadim-e-Punjab Schools Programme”.
He said the programme was being started from the schools of South Punjab, adding that provision of solar panels to the schools in far-flung areas was important, therefore, installation of solar panels programme would be forwarded on fast-track.
The CM said that steering committee constituted for this purpose would hold its meeting fortnightly and he would preside over the meeting.
He directed that the assignment of installation of solar panels in 17,000 schools should be completed as early as possible.
The Chief Minister said the Punjab government had increased the monthly stipend to Rs 1000 for girls studying in sixth to secondary classes in Southern Punjab districts and a sum of more than Rs 5 billion had been earmarked for this programme.
He said the programme was very beneficial for equipping the girl students with an education.
Sharif said that construction of additional classrooms in schools was continuing under “Khadim-e-Punjab Schools Programme,” and added that missing facilities would also be provided in the schools where additional rooms were being constructed.
Construction of additional classrooms would help to provide better educational facilities to male and female students, he added. He said that high standard should be maintained in the programme of construction of additional classrooms at all costs.
The meeting was attended by Provincial Minister for Schools Education Rana Mashhood Ahmed, Chairman Punjab Education Foundation, Engr. Qamar-ul Islam MPA, Chairman P&D, Secretaries of C&W, Schools Education, Finance and Energy Departments, as well as other concerned officials. – APP
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019