Lightning strike kills at least 107 in India
NEW DELHI – Lightning strikes has claimed more than 107 lives in northern and eastern India, during the early stages of the annual monsoon season.
According to media reports, dozens more got injured in lightning incidents and more than Some 83 people were killed in the impoverished eastern state of Bihar and another 24 died in northern Uttar Pradesh state.
Lightning strikes during the June-September annual monsoon are fairly common in India. But this was one of the highest daily tolls from lightning the state had recorded in recent years.
According to the local India Meteorological Department office, heavy rain is forecast to hit Bihar on Friday and Saturday,.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020