Two killed, over 30 injured in China factory blast
The blast is said to have occurred at a factory at about 09:00 (01:00 GMT) in the city's Jiangbei District, causing some nearby buildings to collapse.
Some local reports suggested gas canisters could have been to blame for the blast.
Rescue operations were underway, the Xinhua reported.
Ningbo has a large international shipping port and is best known for its auto-manufacturing industry.
Industrial accidents are common in China, and have prompted growing calls for better safety standards.
The government says it has been tightening site inspections and toughening punishments for safety lapses.
But while the number of workplace deaths in 2017 is reported to have fallen by more than 25% on 2016 - industrial fatalities still number at least 29,000 in the year to date.
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...01:53 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021