PM Imran emphases on bolstering connectivity under BRI in Leader's Roundtable 2nd BRF session in Beijing
Addressing Leader's Roundtable Session of 2nd Belt and Road Forum in Beijing today, he said we should also consider digital connectivity, mobility of labour and transfer of skills, cultural links and knowledge and innovation connectivity to further expand the scope of the BRI.
President Xi Jinping welcomes Prime Minister Imran Khan upon arrival at the leaders roundtable session of Second Belt and Road Forum 2019 at International Convention Center Yanqi Lake Beijing, China.#PMImranKhanInChina #BeltandRoad #BRF2019 #PakChinaBrotherhood pic.twitter.com/aVtnu3aBdR— Government of Pakistan (@GovtofPakistan) April 27, 2019
To implement these additional areas of connectivity, the Prime Minister, said that the BRI countries should establish a Tourism Corridor for cultural tourism exchanges. They should develop programmes for improving the skills of labour from labour surplus countries to assist the labour deficient countries. He said we should also create multilingual digital platforms for connecting producers, consumers and skilled job seekers.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said Pakistan is at the crossroads of important regions. Throughout our history, we have connected ideas, cultures and commerce.
He said connectivity has been a part of our heritage and the CPEC is giving it modern shape in the 21st century.
Alluding to the Chinese successes, he said President Xi Jinping has given the BRI vision to break barriers, connect people, integrate economies and share prosperity.
Imran Khan said Pakistan is privileged to have been an early partner of China. He said under the CPEC, we are building highways, modernizing rail network, setting up power plants, establishing a port and special economic zones. He said the CPEC is not a transaction rather it is a transformation of our society.
PM Imran Khan noted that the connectivity of Gwadar port with China's Xinjiang region will provide a shorter route for China's imports, reduce the cost for Chinese companies and develop western China as well.
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sadaf Kanwal under fire for stating her 'marriage rules'04:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021