DPO Pakpattan allegedly transferred for not apologising to Khawar Maneka
According to initial media reports, Maneka, a senior official of the Customs department, used abusive language when police officials tried to stop him at a picket on Thursday.
Afterwards, DPO Rizwan Gondal was asked to apologize to Maneka at his home which he refused, saying the police officials present on the occasion did not commit any crime.
Gondal also informed Chief Minister Punjab, Usman Ahmed Buzdar about his stance on the matter after he and Regional Police Officer were asked to appear before him.
The CM Punjab Usman Buzdar, however, instructed the two officials to resolve the matter.
Maneka is a spiritual devotee of the 13th-century mystic Baba Farid Ganj Shakkar. Khawar’s father Ghulam Muhammad Maneka was a politician and also served as a federal minister under Benazir Bhutto.
Khawar’s brother Ahmad Raza Maneka also won the elections in 2018 on PML-N ticket from NA-145.
Gondal transferred over misleading statements: IG
Inspector-General Punjab, soon after the reports, denied that Gondal was transferred under any pressure.
He was transferred due to giving misleading statements about misbehaviour by police personnel with a citizen, the IG said in a statement.
An inquiry has also been ordered against Gondal for "giving a false colour to the transfer on social media".
The IG further said no flexibility will be shown against "misconduct and misguiding seniors" by any official or personnel.
'PTI doesn't have anything to do with the incident'
Information Minister Punjab Fayyaz ul Chohan said that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Pakistan (PTI) has nothing to do with Pakpattan incident and that the party does not believe in meddling in institutions.
He promised to hold an investigation afresh and bring facts to the fore within 48 hours.
"Not one such incident took place in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in five years led by PTI," he said.
The minister, however, went on to say that false colour is being given to the incident on social media to mislead masses.
IGP requests CS to reshuffle top cops
However, Gondal’s name was already in a reshuffle request made by IG Punjab Police in June. The IG has proposed the following transfers and postings of 31 DPOs and a summary has been forwarded to the chief minister for approval in June 2018. According to the list, Hassan Asad Alvi as DPO Attock, Athar Waheed as DPO Jhelum, Adil Memon as DPO Chakwal, Muhammad Zubair Dareshak as DPO Sargodha, Husnain Haider as DPO Khushab, Khurram Shakoor as DPO Bhakkar, Syed Karar Hussain as DPO Mianwali, Shakir Hussain Dawar as DPO Jhang, Abadat Nisar as DPO Chiniot, Zulfiqar Ahmad as DPO TT Singh, Nasir Siayal as DPO Mandi Bahauddin, Saifullah Khan as DPO Hafizabad, Rommel Akram DPO Gujrat, Abdul Ghaffar Qaisrani DPO Sialkot, Kashif Aslam DPO Narowal, Sardar Ghias Gul DPO Sheikhupura, Ismailur Rehman DPO Nankanan Sahib, Muntazir Mehdi DPO Kasur, Ghulam Mubashar Maiken DPO Sahiwal, Rizwan Umar Gondal DPO Pakpattan, Zeeshan Asghar DPO Okara, Faisal Mukhtar DPO Khanewal, Ahmad Nasir Aziz Virk DPO Vehari, Usman Ijaz Bajwa DPO Lodhran, Waqas Hassan, DPO DG Khan, Rab Nawaz DPO Rajanpur, Faisal Shahzad DPO Muzafargarh, Zahid Nawaz DPO Layyah, Muhammad Iqbal DPO Bahawalpur, Dr Mustafa Tanveer DPO RY Khan and Capt ® Mustansir Feroz as DPO Bahawalnagar.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022