Kashmir among other issues discussed as PM Imran chairs cabinet meeting
Talking to newsmen after the meeting, Prime Minister's Special Assistant on Information Firdous Ashiq Awan said the cabinet discussed a ten-point agenda as well as development projects related to different ministries.
The special assistant said the entire nation coming out on the streets for the rights of the Kashmiris is a message of 'Do More' for the rest of the world.
The SAPM said the cabinet also discussed options for the prime minister's address to the United Nations General Assembly in which he would present the case of the Kashmiri people; the address is scheduled on September 27th.
The prime minister raised the issue of rehabilitation of drug addicts and safeguarding the rights of transgender persons during the cabinet meeting.
Firdous Ashiq Awan elaborated that the prime minister directed the cabinet to take measure to protect the rights of transgender persons and their economic empowerment.
The cabinet also approved the establishment of a rehabilitation centre for drug addicts in Islamabad whereas the prime minister also issued directives to the cabinet members to take strict action against child pornography.
Awan said that the name of the Kamyab Jawan Program was changed to the Prime Minister's Kamyab Jawan Youth Internship Program.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020