Dr Firdous seeks media’s role to counter anti-CPEC propaganda
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan on Thursday urged the media to play an effective role to counter the anti-CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor) propaganda of the enemies.
Addressing a ceremony of All-Media-Service of Xinhua News Agency, she emphasized on the strengthening of media cooperation and coordination for countering negative propaganda against the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) of which CPEC was a key component.
She said it was not possible to defeat the enemies' designs against CPEC without the help of media. Any negative story could harm the CPEC project and shake the confidence of investors. So, a responsible role of the media, being a true ambassador of Pakistan for the success of CPEC was very important, she added.
Dr Firdous said the MoUs signed by the Chinese news agency would help increase the cooperation between the Chinese and Pakistani media. The two countries media collaboration was must for the successful implementation of the CPEC project, she added.
Xinhua, which was already providing its services in 12 languages, had recently introduced its Urdu Service which was highly appreciable.
“It is heartening to note that Xinhua has active collaboration/ subscription service with over 20 media houses in Pakistan , including Jang Group, Daily Pakistan , Nawa-i-Waqt, Associated Press of Pakistan (APP), Independent News Pakistan (INP), Express, Daily Times, Hum News, Pakistan Today, etc.”
She said Xinhua was actively engaged in the dissemination of news from Pakistan for last over 60 years. It had a significant contribution in promoting China-Pakistan friendship and bilateral relations, she added.
On the occasion, Xinhua also signed an agreement with Pakistani media houses, including Daily Pakistan of senior journalist Mujib ur Rehman Shami under which Xinhua will provide news service in text, photo and video form in three languages, including Chinese, English and Urdu, to Daily Pakistan .
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, Pompeo discuss bilateral cooperation, regional security ...08:47 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019