12-year-old son of detained PML-N leader kick-starts election campaign against Ch Nisar
Salaar Islam Raja has started electioneering by going from place to place in a bid to woo voters ahead of the upcoming general elections. His dramatic foray into the electoral politics, at such naive an age, comes owing to the arrest of his father by the National Accountability Bureau on Monday.
A few of the pictures uploaded on social media show the youngster addressing the party loyalists from a vehicle's sunroof; he is also showered with rose petals at different places across the NA-59.
Addressing constituents today, the 12-year-old said, "I have been asked by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz to start our election campaign." Expressing hope that his father will win, he said, "NA-59 is the stronghold of PML-N."
Responding to a question, the 12-year-old said, "I don't have any message for Chaudhry Nisar."
Besides Salaar, his 17-year-old sister, Uswa Qamar has also started taking part in the electoral campaign,a video of which is also being shared on social media.
باپ کی گرفتاری کے بعد قمرالااسلام کی بیٹی انتخابی مہم لیڈ کرنے لگیں،،،اسوہ قمر کا کہنا ہے کہ این اے 59 اور پی پی 10 کے عوام کے ساتھ سازش ہوئی۔۔۔۔ pic.twitter.com/WSQ98VNsJA
— M AWAIS KIYANI (@MAWAISKIYANI) June 27, 2018
Initially, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz did not field any candidate against the former security czar, however, in a policy shift, the former ruling party announced pitching Raja Qamarul Islam against the political maverick.
Within hours of confirmation of Islam's candidature, the accountability watchdog started a probe against him, formally arresting him and a former official of Saaf Paani company, Wasim Ajmal.
The politician is accused of having awarded contracts for 84 water treatment plants at a higher price. His predecessor Ajmal is also accused in the case.
An accountability court had sent the aspiring candidate on a 14 days remand, however, his defiant son released a video message, asking the party loyalist and masses to join him at the Katcheri for filing the papers.
The entry of Qamar's son in cut-throat electoral politics is being widely hailed on a national scale as the political analyst cast aspirations over the 'timings' of the arrest and believe that the 'coercion' might be to provide succour to Chaudhry Nisar, who is considered close to the all-powerful military establishment.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020