COAS Gen Bajwa stresses holding upcoming elections with utmost responsibility
Terming the elections 'national duty', the military head directed that it should be 'performed with utmost responsibility and without losing any focus on defence and internal security challenges in hand'.
According to a tweet shred by General Asif Ghafoor, the Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations, the army chief made the remarks while chairing the 211th Corps Commanders’ Conference at General Headquarters.
"The forum reviewed geo-strategic environment and recent security and other related developments in the region," the military's spokesperson said.
CCC at GHQ. Geo-Strat envmt reviewed. Mandated assistance to ECP will be provided for free, fair & transparent conduct of GE-18. “This national duty be performed with utmost responsibility and without losing any focus on defence and internal security challenges in hand”, COAS. pic.twitter.com/HNlpO4OouF— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) June 27, 2018
An official statement said that adding that the forum decided to continue contributing positive efforts to carry forward the dividends of achieved domestic peace and stability beyond borders to the region.
The top army commanders also discussed the progress of ongoing Operation Radd-ul-Fassad and the socio-economic development in cleared areas with a "commitment to achieving lasting peace and stability".
Army chief calls on caretaker PM ahead of 2018 ... 06:45 PM | 25 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa called on Caretaker Prime Minister Justice (r) Nasirul Mulk at ...
With regards to the July 25 elections, the "forum also discussed the provision of mandated assistance to Election Commission of Pakistan for free, fair and transparent conduct of General Elections 2018".
The army has been requested by the Election Commission of Pakistan to contribute 350,000 troops to secure the polling stations as well as the printing presses, however, a final decision in this regard is awaited.
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 in Pakistan: These five cities contributing 70% of total ...04:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020