Shahid Khaqan Abbasi disqualified to contest elections from NA-57
An Election Tribunal on Wednesday sustained an appeal against Abbasi’s candidature from the said constituency, disqualifying him from contesting elections from the constituency.
According to a detailed verdict, the Returning Officer for NA-57, Haider Ali, has also been sacked as he admitted his mistake. Moreover, investigations have also been launched against him.
PTI bigwigs out of Electoral Race
Additionally, the appellant tribunal chaired by Justice Ibadul Rehman Lodhi of the Lahore High Court (LHC) also rejected nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders Fawad Chaudhry from NA-67, and Sardar Ghulam Abbas from NA-64.
In a video message, the PTI spokesperson contended that there was no substantial evidence before his ineligibility to contest elections.
I am also moving Supreme Judicial COunsel against the judge who declared me unfit to contest the July 25 polls, dares Chaudhry.
The decision came on appeals filed by the candidates’ rivals against the returning officers (ROs) decision to accept the nomination papers.
- Harry Style makes 1D's history in Grammy's nominations07:01 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mohsin Dawar 'no longer part of PDM rallies, meetings'06:55 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nearly 200 PIMS employees test positive for COVID-1906:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Body of Sharifs' mother reaches Pakistan on Saturday06:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Sania Mirza shares the name of Tennis star she looks up to04:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari to miss Bakhtawar’s engagement?03:55 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020