Shahid Khaqan Abbasi disqualified to contest elections from NA-57
An Election Tribunal on Wednesday sustained an appeal against Abbasi’s candidature from the said constituency, disqualifying him from contesting elections from the constituency.
According to a detailed verdict, the Returning Officer for NA-57, Haider Ali, has also been sacked as he admitted his mistake. Moreover, investigations have also been launched against him.
PTI bigwigs out of Electoral Race
Additionally, the appellant tribunal chaired by Justice Ibadul Rehman Lodhi of the Lahore High Court (LHC) also rejected nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders Fawad Chaudhry from NA-67, and Sardar Ghulam Abbas from NA-64.
In a video message, the PTI spokesperson contended that there was no substantial evidence before his ineligibility to contest elections.
I am also moving Supreme Judicial COunsel against the judge who declared me unfit to contest the July 25 polls, dares Chaudhry.
The decision came on appeals filed by the candidates’ rivals against the returning officers (ROs) decision to accept the nomination papers.
- London-bound flight makes emergency landing in Islamabad08:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, China agree on early launch of much-awaited ML-1 project08:26 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan tests Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drone in latest air exercise07:49 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- #Pakistan #PMShehbaz visits #US embassy to celebrate 75 years of ...07:08 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Will Hareem Shah be arrested on arrival in Pakistan?06:40 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- 'Gangster Paradise' rapper Coolio dies at 5905:21 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s new sizzling photos set internet on fire05:00 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022