Dollar reaches Rs169 in Pakistan
KARACHI - The dollar on Friday reached Rs169 in Pakistan as coronavirus shocks kept the foreign currency supply tight amid drying up inflows.
The rupee lost a further 2.87 in intraday trading today after hitting a record low of Rs 166.13 on Thursday.
The SBP has slashed the interest rate by cumulative 225 basis points to 11% this week to counter the impact of a virtual lockdown all over the country.
The rupee had remained stable, trading in the range of 154-155 between October 2019 and March 2020 under the market-based exchange rate regime. It started depreciating from earlier this month and has lost a cumulative Rs14 so far.
- WATCH – Aiman Zaman and husband respond to leaked video controversy08:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Ex-Corps commander Bilal Akbar appointed Pakistan’s new envoy to ...08:19 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- PSL 6 – PCB seeks permission for up to 14,000 spectators in the ...08:12 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- ‘Mashroob-e-Maghrib’ – Hareem Shah reveals the favourite drink ...03:40 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021