Dollar reaches Rs169 in Pakistan
KARACHI - The dollar on Friday reached Rs169 in Pakistan as coronavirus shocks kept the foreign currency supply tight amid drying up inflows.
The rupee lost a further 2.87 in intraday trading today after hitting a record low of Rs 166.13 on Thursday.
The SBP has slashed the interest rate by cumulative 225 basis points to 11% this week to counter the impact of a virtual lockdown all over the country.
The rupee had remained stable, trading in the range of 154-155 between October 2019 and March 2020 under the market-based exchange rate regime. It started depreciating from earlier this month and has lost a cumulative Rs14 so far.
- Synergyzer On Bringing Pakistan’s Advertising, Marketing & Media ...04:58 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Sindh announces to hire 37,000 teachers11:44 PM | 7 May, 2021
- ‘No hugs and kisses this eid,’ Firdous Ashiq Awan to public amid ...11:03 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Infinix tipped to launch Note 10 Pro with MediaTek Helio G9510:48 PM | 7 May, 2021
- KPK launches mobile vaccination drive for elderly citizens10:32 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Prince William, Duchess Kate launch their own YouTube channel02:16 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021