Dollar reaches Rs169 in Pakistan
KARACHI - The dollar on Friday reached Rs169 in Pakistan as coronavirus shocks kept the foreign currency supply tight amid drying up inflows.
The rupee lost a further 2.87 in intraday trading today after hitting a record low of Rs 166.13 on Thursday.
The SBP has slashed the interest rate by cumulative 225 basis points to 11% this week to counter the impact of a virtual lockdown all over the country.
The rupee had remained stable, trading in the range of 154-155 between October 2019 and March 2020 under the market-based exchange rate regime. It started depreciating from earlier this month and has lost a cumulative Rs14 so far.
- Policeman arrested for killing teenaged boy for refusing relationship ...11:36 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Post-Eid schedule for markets opening in Punjab announced10:48 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Indian aggression in occupied Kashmir continued unabated even on Eid09:47 PM | 26 May, 2020
- 176 Pakistanis stranded in India to return home on Wednesday08:55 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Car crushes woman to death, husband injured in Lahore — Video08:36 PM | 26 May, 2020
- ‘Diriliş: Ertuğrul’ producer wishes to collaborate with Pakistan06:08 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Ira’s Dessertry: A world full of flavours and fillings03:40 PM | 26 May, 2020
- 'Ertuğrul' wishes Eid Mubarik to Pakistan – VIDEO03:16 PM | 25 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020