Working on Suki Kinari power project in full swing despite COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting General (retd) Asim Saleem Bajwa Wednesday said work on the Suki Kinari hydal power project was in full swing as progress on the project remained unaffected due to COVID-19.
In a tweet, Asim Bajwa who is also Chairman, China Pakistan Economic Corridor Authority (CPECA) said, 19.5 percent work on the 874 MW power project had been completed.
He said the project was being established at Kunhar River with an investment of US $ 1.963 bn under the umbrella of China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
He informed that the project had so far created 4,250 job opportunities and after completion it would help reducing cost of electricity.
“Bringing cost of electricity down is top priority of the government,” he added.
- Pakistan becomes permanent member of SCO Youth Council07:57 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Aagha Ali congratulates Sarah Khan on her engagement with Falaq Shabir06:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020