LHC declares helmet mandatory for pillion rider from Dec 1
A bench of the high court issued the order while hearing a case pertaining to the use of the helmet. The city traffic officer (CTO) has been ordered to implement the new law with the start of the new month.
The court also ordered strict action against the violators. A crackdown has also been ordered against those who are riding their motorbikes without side mirrors.
Informing the court about the performance of the traffic police, the CTO said that more than 200,000 violation tickets were so far issued to bike riders for not wearing the helmet.
Earlier, The PTI led Punjab government had declared it mandatory for motorcyclists to wear helmets and has introduced fines to be imposed on those found violating traffic laws.
In September, the Lahore High Court had directed traffic police to expand the crackdown against motorists without helmets during the hearing of a petition.
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021