Google breaks silence on Google Pixel devices issue by extended warranty and updates
Google community manager proposed a temporary solution to this issue.
Yesterday Google Hardware product management VP Mario Queiroz announced that it's expanding the base warranty to two years (from one) for all Pixel 2s, while reiterating that despite reports, Google believes the Pixel 2 XL's display is aging similarly to other OLED panels.
The company has also offered a response on the blue tint issue, effectively saying that's not much of a problem. Basically, Google says the tint is inherent in the display, and can only be seen when the device is held at a specific angle.
Here's what a Google employee said:
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill 16 terrorists in KP, Balochistan IBOs12:18 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Daughter of PM Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi ‘marries’ Pakistani ...11:50 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021