This ‘brainless’ baby defied odds by reaching his first birthday
Tiny Jaxon Strong is not only strong by name, but also by nature - as he continues to defy doctors and show improvements every day, the Mirror reports.
Jaxon was born last August with Microhydranencephaly, an incurable malformation of the brain.
His proud parents Brittany and Brandon are now sharing their story in order to show others than the condition will not define Jaxon's life.
Microhydranencephaly can cause microcephaly and scalp rugae which means Jaxon's head is smaller than normal.
It also means his scalp is ridged - but that doesn't stop Jaxon from living life to the full.
About 1 in 4,859 babies in the United States will be born with Anencephaly and usually die shortly after birth, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Jaxon’s mum and dad said: "Ultimately, Jaxon will need a miracle long-term. We continue to ask for support and prayers, as it is a blessing that his mom continues to stay home with him for constant care."
Brittany gave up her job to care for the tiny tot and has since launched a crowdfunding page to help with Jaxon's medical bills.
They wrote on their page: "Jaxon has already shown how strong, smart, and special he is, accomplishing feats that doctors doubted he'd ever be able to do, shows improvements each and every day, and just reached a miraculous milestone in celebrating his first birthday.
"These funds help pay for our regular monthly expenses and Jaxon's continuous medical care, which changes frequently."
The family have so far raised an impressive $54,902 of their $70,000 target.
They are now encouraging people to give them support for Jaxon's "year two".
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021