This ‘brainless’ baby defied odds by reaching his first birthday
Tiny Jaxon Strong is not only strong by name, but also by nature - as he continues to defy doctors and show improvements every day, the Mirror reports.
Jaxon was born last August with Microhydranencephaly, an incurable malformation of the brain.
His proud parents Brittany and Brandon are now sharing their story in order to show others than the condition will not define Jaxon's life.
Microhydranencephaly can cause microcephaly and scalp rugae which means Jaxon's head is smaller than normal.
It also means his scalp is ridged - but that doesn't stop Jaxon from living life to the full.
About 1 in 4,859 babies in the United States will be born with Anencephaly and usually die shortly after birth, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Jaxon’s mum and dad said: "Ultimately, Jaxon will need a miracle long-term. We continue to ask for support and prayers, as it is a blessing that his mom continues to stay home with him for constant care."
Brittany gave up her job to care for the tiny tot and has since launched a crowdfunding page to help with Jaxon's medical bills.
They wrote on their page: "Jaxon has already shown how strong, smart, and special he is, accomplishing feats that doctors doubted he'd ever be able to do, shows improvements each and every day, and just reached a miraculous milestone in celebrating his first birthday.
"These funds help pay for our regular monthly expenses and Jaxon's continuous medical care, which changes frequently."
The family have so far raised an impressive $54,902 of their $70,000 target.
They are now encouraging people to give them support for Jaxon's "year two".
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- PTI takes full financial responsibility for slain workers' families09:33 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Imran Khan among several PTI leaders booked for rioting, vandalism ...09:07 PM | 26 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz hails security forces for protecting people lives during ...08:28 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022