Extremist groups gather outside Karan Johar's house as 48-hour deadline comes to an end
The police have beefed up security outside his home but no statement has been released by Karan over this matter yet.
Karan Johar, who had voiced in favor of Pakistani artists working in Bollywood, had been facing criticism from the MNS party. Johar said that banishing Pakistani artists will not eradicate terrorism.
MNS leader Shalini Thackeray who led the agitation said “These Pakistani artistes gain fame and money in India and till date have not spoken against Pakistan for encouraging terrorism. If Johar feels so much, let him migrate to Pakistan and make films there,” Hindustan Times reported.
MNS activists had submitted a memorandum to Johar’s office.In the letter, it warned Johar that just as he had creative liberty to make films with Pakistani artistes, MNS Extremist would also ensure it is not screened in the theaters.
The MNS has been notorious for public vandalism in the cases where its demands have not been met. It had torn down posters and vandalised cinema halls showing Shah Rukh Khan’s “My name is Khan.”
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021