Dr Nasira Jabeen becomes first female PU Vice Chancellor in 136 years
According to a notification issued on Friday, Dr Nasira Jabeen's appointment was made by the search committee, on the directives of Punjab Higher Education Department (HED).
The search committee was headed by industrialist Abdul Razak Dawood and comprised Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) Chairman Dr Umar Saif, Punjab Accreditation Committee Chairman Zafar Iqbal Qureshi, and Punjab Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW) Chairperson Dr Fauzia Waqar. Punjab HED Secretary Nabeel Awan is the secretary and also the member of the Search Committee.
Besides Dr Nasira Jabeen, Dr Taqi Zahid Butt, Dr Shahid Kamal, Dr Fakhr ul Haq Noori, and Dr Saleem Mazhar of the university appeared for the interview to fill the vacant spot, till a permanent head is appointed.
Dr Nasira Jabeen was serving as Dean Institute of Administrative Services and is the first woman to be appointed to the top slot in the 136 years history of Punjab University.
Top court removes Punjab University VC Dr Zakria 12:28 PM | 21 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Supreme Court on Saturday suspended vice-chancellor (VC) of the University of Punjab on allotment of varsity ...
The Supreme Court had suspended the PU acting VC Dr Zakria Zakar on 21st April during the hearing of a case regarding the handing over of the PU’s 80-kanal land to the National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) for a grid-station.
When Dr Zakar was grilled by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar,he tendered his resignation before the court.
The government also appointed Dr Farkhanda Manzoor as the new Vice Chancellor (VC) for Lahore College for Women University (LCWU).
Moreover a day after Zakir's resignation, the top judge suspended LCWU Vice-Chancellor Dr Qureshi and ordered the provincial government to form a new inquiry committee to look into allegations against Dr Qureshi’s eligibility.
SC suspends Lahore College For Women University's ... 01:56 PM | 22 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Sunday suspended newly-appointed vice-chancellor (VC) of ...
Quraishi pleaded the bench not to dismiss her as it would affect her reputation but the court observed that she could plead her case afresh in front of a search committee.
- Japan gifts 130,000 rapid COVID-19 testing kits to Pakistan05:24 PM | 7 May, 2021
- LHC allows Shehbaz Sharif to fly abroad for medical treatment04:56 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Fuel adjustment: Nepra decreases power tariff by 61 paisa per unit03:53 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Only once in its history, McDonald’s changed colour of its logo!03:40 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Tu - Mahira Khan to appear in Azaan Sami’s music video02:29 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Supermodel Sadaf Kanwal bashed for sharing a quote01:48 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar prays for India amid worsening Covid-19 situation12:33 PM | 7 May, 2021