PM Nawaz inaugurates 340MW Chashma-III Nuclear Power Plant in Mianwali
The 340MW power plant is a joint collaboration of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) and China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), read a press statement issued here on today (Wednesday).
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister described the completion of C-3 as another milestone towards the journey towards eliminating the menace of load shedding from the country.
He said the project is reflective of closer cooperation between Pakistan and China in science and technology. He said this cooperation is also beginning of a new era of development in the region.
The Prime Minister expressed confidence that Chashma-IV nuclear power plant would also become functional before its deadline of mid next year. "He expressed pleasure that Chashma two and three power plants are most efficient power plants in the country providing more than 600 MW of electricity to the national grid", reports Radio Pakistan.
The Prime Minister referred to the generation target of 8800 MW of nuclear energy by 2030 and urged the Commission to accept the challenge of producing more than the target and play its full role in the development of the country.
He said there has been the marked reduction in load shedding during the last three years and as pledged, the menace of load shedding would be over in 2018. He said the generation of additional 2200 MW of electricity through K-II and K-III would contribute towards this effort.
The Prime Minister thanked China for extending cooperation in the nuclear field and said the two countries are also actively cooperating in many other areas including construction of roads, motorways, airports and up gradation of Pakistan Railways.
The prime minister appreciated the hard work of scientists, engineers and staff of PAEC in overcoming the shortage of energy and announced two bonuses for them.
Chairman Atomic Energy Commission Muhammad Naeem said the Commission has been given a target of 8800 MW of nuclear power till 2030. He said to achieve this target, planning for the establishment of more plants have been done and places identified and research work in this regard is going on.
He said three plants have been planned, out of which one will be established in Chashma and two in the Muzaffargard. He said necessary skill has been acquired to prepare fuel for nuclear power plants and in Chashma land has been acquired for fuel fabrication plant. He said presently fuel for Chashma power plants are being imported from China.
Minister for Water and Power Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Advisor to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, and Minister of State for Water and Power Abid Sher Ali were also present on the occasion.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021