Afghan President Ghani offers initiating unconditional negotiations with Taliban
Ghani observed that today peace is in the hands of Taliban, calling on the group to accept the offer and join the peace process, together with Afghanistan to “save the country”. He also announced that the Afghan government would provide passports to Taliban members and their families and will issue visas.
Earlier in his speech, Ghani said Afghanistan is determined to overcome the current threats and expand shared interests and grasp opportunities.
He expressed his gratitude to delegates from all the countries in attendance for their support over peace in Afghanistan.
Claiming that the Afghan government and the international community had analyzed the scale and scope of the threat and drafted numerous resolutions and agreements to address the threat, Ghani noted that consensus was still needed to take coordinated action among states to counter the threat.
The president said Afghanistan’s sense of justice is derived from its Islamic faith, culture and civilization.
"As a 99.9% Muslim country, faith has always united Afghans in the face of adversities and allowed the countrymen to overcome the seemingly impossible," added the president.
He stated that every Afghan, regardless of their ethnicity, was equal among Afghans and this sense of equality was rooted in the country’s past, as every major city had served as a capital of an empire or a state through history.
Ghani claimed that Afghanistan had never threatened any country and had also not let anyone use its soil to threaten another country.
Fresh Talks With Pakistan
President Ashraf Ghani also expressed his readiness to start government to government talks between Afghanistan and Pakistan for ushering in a new era of peace.
“We will be ready to starts talks with Pakistan and forget the past and start a new chapter,” said Ghani.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:27 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 25 September 202208:16 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan tells how his kidneys 'shut down' due to physical ...11:15 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar likely to take charge as finance minister next week10:34 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Sarwat Gillani talks about her cosmetic procedures and wardrobe ...10:10 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Teen sets Guinness World Record for most socks worn in 30 seconds06:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022