Gucci’s new fashion show hits a sour note amongst muslims for ‘appropriating’ Hijab
Gucci’s creative director Alessandro Michele explained that the inspiration was taken from Donna Haraways 1984 essay on ‘A Cyborg Manifesto.” Which talked about separating humans from animals and machines, defying the boundaries.
However people took to Twitter to express their emotions related to this sensitive issue.
The outrage was real!
When you see something absurd and offensive:
What were they even thinking?
Some constructive thoughts:
Gucci got to pick and choose from cultural imagery all the things that are aligned to their "fantasy" narrative without any consequences, and then so easily put them on white skin. What message does that send? That it's ok to wear a hijab if you're young, beautiful rich and white pic.twitter.com/mwjKE2i3FX— faiyaz (taylor's version) (@fixated_f) February 22, 2018
Muslim women are bashed for their headscarves, what are you trying to prove here?
this is not something to be proud of lol. while Muslims get bashed for them, Gucci profits off them. not only that, they couldn’t care enough to find Muslim models. smh. https://t.co/cyz0HHHIcM— 🖤 (@_sufya_) February 22, 2018
Coming up with creative ideas for anything demands one thing and that is to not hurt or offend the audience, especially in fashion , one wrong move and BOOM! Everything is gone.
- Dr Nauman barred from hosting show on PTV for insulting Shoaib Akhtar ...10:12 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PU discontinues Master’s degree programme07:34 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021