Nawaz Sharif gets exemption from appearance in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case
LAHORE - An accountability court on Friday granted exemption to former prime minister Nawaz Sharif from appearance in the Chaudhry Sugar Mills case and adjourned the hearing till March 30.
The court was hearing the case against Sharif, his daughter Maryam Safdar and Yousaf Abbas when the exemption plea was submitted.
National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecutor Asadullah opposed the plea, arguing that the accused, who is in London for his treatment, has not submitted his latest medical reports.
Responding to a question, he informed the court that Abbas has been granted bail while investigation into the case was underway. He added that a reference will be filed once the probe is completed.
The counsel for Nawaz Sharif asked the court to stop hearing in the case until reference is filed, to which, the accountability judge replied: "How we can halt it".
In October last year, the Lahore High Court (LHC) had granted bail to the PML-N supremo in the case after his health condition deteriorated. Later, he went to London along with his younger brother Shehbaz Sharif for his advanced treatment in November.
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019