5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts northern areas, sparks panic
The tremors of quake were felt in Chitral, Peshawar, Swat, Dir, Malakand and other northern areas.
According to experts, the intensity of the earthquake was measured at 5.5 magnitude on the Richter scale and it occurred at a depth of 213 kilometers. The epicenter of the earthquake was in the Hindukush range of Afghanistan.
No casualty and damage have been reported so far.
This is the second earthquake reported in this week. A 5.5 magnitude earthquake hit different cities of country on the first day of Eid ul Fitr.
The tremors of the quake were felt in Peshawar, Swat, Nowshehra, Abbottabad, Islamabad and other parts of the country.
- Heavy rains trigger urban flooding in Islamabad, Rawalpindi02:30 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Parliamentary Committee on National Security meets today02:08 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets another record01:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal, Zulqarnain ooze couple goals on dreamy Europe ...01:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport01:14 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch: Mahira Khan shows off her dance moves on 'Loota Re'12:06 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Marwa Hocane sends sweetest birthday wishes to Ameer Gilani11:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Bollywood's famous dancer crowned Miss India 202212:58 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022