To my sisters in Pakistan: A note of hope from England
I love Pakistan in so many ways and I cannot wait to start hearing your stories and voices in a world that tends to only listen to men. You are not brainwashed little servants but brilliantly funny, intelligent and powerful individuals who stay strong in the face of so much hatred and cruelty- I’ve already met so many of you who shine brighter than any western paper could ever suggest. I’ve studied Islam and Pakistan throughout my degree and I can tell you one thing: you are every bit as valuable, brave and strong as anyone else. I’ve heard about your marches, your protests, your secret networks and rebellions against men who would see you chained in silence to tradition and servitude. I don’t care if you are Muslim, atheist, Hindu, Christian, dark skinned, fair skinned, educated, poor, rich, young or old- you matter and its time the world heard your problems and your voices.
So please, keep fighting for a tomorrow where the women of Pakistan can be free to live in a Pakistan they want, and deserve. And if you ever need someone to listen to your unhappinesses, no matter how small or enormous, I’ll be here. We might live in very different societies but we share the blood of the sisterhood. It can be useful to hear a different perspective from another culture, and I offer you that. Hang in there. I promise you the time will come when, as here, misogyny will die at our feet. It just takes patience, hard work and bravery.
Note: Anyone who wants to be anonymous email me at m.l.hanson@Outlook.com
We are trying out this new section where our readers can anonymously seek advice from our experts. You can send also your queries for Anon Advice section to m.l.hanson@Outlook.com, make sure you include “Anon Advice” in the subject of the email.
- #SaraAliKhan and #JanhviKapoor's workout video takes the Internet by ...02:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NAB summons Punjab Minister Aslam Iqbal, Samiullah Ch in sugar scam01:43 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021