Aviation minister vows to make plane crash probe report public by June 22
ISLAMABAD – Federal Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan on Thursday said that an interim inquiry report on recent PIA plane crash in Karachi, which killed 97 people, will be revealed by June 22.
Talking to media, he said that Prime Minister Imran Khan also held a meeting with the probe team and directing them to conduct a deep investigation into the matter.
On Friday, the PIA plane crashed into a narrow residential street in Karachi, dealing significant damage to houses in a densely-populated area. Out of the 99 people aboard, 97 were killed and only two passengers survived.
He said that a team that include foreign experts is conducting investigation into the matter. They are currently trying to find the reason behind the deadly air crash.
Ghulam Sarwar Khan said a compensation amount of Rs1 million will be given to the families of the each victim of the air crash.
He said that 51 dead bodies have been given to the relatives of the deceased while DNA test of other bodies is underway, adding that the government is trying to handover the bodies to the families as soon as possible.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020