Major breakthrough in probe as ‘key component’ of crashed plane found
KARACHI – A team of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Thursday found the cockpit voice recorder of the ill-fated PK-8303, which crashed in Karachi last week, from the debris.
The national flag carrier announced the development in a tweet, saying the BLD cockpit voice recorder has been handed over to Air Accident Investigation Board (AAIB).
The further wrote in the tweet, “This will be a key component in the Air Crash Investigation. PIA Teams were searching extensively for CVR aided by Airbus Team”.
An 11-member team comprising officials from Airbus and the French government are investigating the matter to trace the reasons behind the tragic incident.
On Friday, the PIA plane crashed into a narrow residential street in Karachi, dealing significant damage to houses in a densely-populated area. Out of the 99 people aboard, 97 were killed and only two passengers survived.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020