Supreme court fixes hearing of APS attack case
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Friday fixed the date for the hearing of the suo motu notice on the Army Public School attack.
A three-judge bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar will hear the case on October 5 for which notices have been sent to the attorney general and advocate general of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa among others.
Justice Nisar had taken suo motu notice of the case during a trip to Peshawar earlier this year when the families of the APS attack victims approached the top judge and asked for a judicial inquiry into the matter.
In May, the chief justice had ordered the formation of a judicial commission on the APS tragedy that sent shock waves across the country.
On December 16, 2014, terrorists stormed the army-run school and killed around 145 people, including more than 130 young students.
The incident sent shock waves across the country and resulted in the formation of a National Action Plan to weed out extremism and terrorism from the country, as well as the creation of military courts to try ‘hardcore’ terrorists.
- Martyred PIA pilot’s father questions credibility of plane crash ...08:35 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020